An Online Community of Beginning Runners & Walkers.
Hate Running but Doing it to Improve Your Health? Inspired Running will help get started & help you learn to enjoy it.
I strongly believe that running doesn’t have to be hard or painful & that almost anyone can do it.
I didn’t always feel this way
I’ll never forget the agony of the 12 minute run in high school gym class, where you run around the track for 12 minutes to see how many laps you can complete. I hated every single one of those 12 minutes.
It felt like physical and emotional torture. I couldn’t breathe. My legs felt like jello. I was slower than my friends. And most of all I felt like a big fat loser. Like something was wrong with me because I couldn’t keep up.
So I made up my mind, then and there, that I hated running. I stuck to my guns for years.
And then I met a boy who was training for an IronMan. I started going to his races and cheering him on.
During that time, a little voice started piping in, urging me to give running another try. I was curious. Intrigued. I began to wonder if maybe I could run after all.
I listened to the voice.
It was scary at first. Intimidating.
Runners World was talking about things like hills repeats and intervals while I was simply trying to run for one minute without stopping.
But I kept at it. Very slowly. Very gradually. First I ran a minute. Then I ran a mile. Then I finally ran my first 5k. Eventually I signed up for and ran a half marathon. I finished with a huge sense of pride.
And then said boy broke up with me. And I was faced with a choice. Keep running. For me. To prove I could. Or go back to hating it.
I chose to keep going.
It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Running has given me strength, inside and out. It’s helped remind me who I am and what I am capable of. And most of all, it’s showed me that what once seemed impossible is possible after all.
Running has led me to me.
It wasn’t always easy. Or fun. And for me, it certainly wasn’t fast.
But I learned to love it. I learned tricks to make easier. I’ve learned to overcome my doubts.
My life was changed, and this community was born, after I had the chance to start a running group specifically for beginners in my local community. The first day we ran, everyone had the same concern. They were worried that they were too slow, afraid they would once again be left behind.
I’ve seen so many people write off running for good because their past experiences have been awful. I’ve seen them start & give up because they felt like there wasn’t a place to get support & resources without feeling out of place.
I don’t want that to be you. I want you to be able to give yourself this gift of running in a way that feels good. In a way that nurtures your soul.
So what exactly is Inspired Running?
The Inspired Running community gives you everything you need to become a runner. Inside & out.
When you join, you get:
- Unlimited access to combination of bi-monthly educational calls, classes & coaching to help you learn to enjoy running so you stick with it.
- How to tips – including specifics on form, pace, breathing & motivation so you approach running from a place of can instead of can’t.
- Real-time support & encouragement via forums and a facebook group. The support community is designed specifically for beginners. You can ask questions, get coached and get training tips without feeling overwhelmed our out of place.
- A 30 day jump start challenge to get your mind and your body moving.
- Opportunities for 1:1 coaching when you’re feeling stuck (via phone).
- Tools to teach you how to tap into motivation in running and all areas of your life.
“Thanks for doing what you’re doing.
This is the first site I’ve come across that speaks to me – a true beginner who has always hated running but wants to love it, and who can barely run the 3 min intervals on the C25K program at this point in my training.
I read a “beginner running” article on another blog yesterday that mentioned doing hill sprints “after an easy 45 min run”. There IS no easy run for me yet, let alone for 45 min!! That’s why I appreciate what you are doing so much.” - Tammy N.
Start your one-month trial enrollment for just $1
(After the trial period, membership is $19.00 a month).
How is this different from all other running information online?
There is a lot of great information available for runners on the Internet and not everyone is interested in the personal coaching, motivation & feedback that is offered via the Inspired Running community.
The community combines the practical how to knowledge you need to have to get started with deep insights into motivation and barriers to keep you going.
The foundation of the community is built on helping you develop 4 key principals of motivation:
- Cultivating Desire: Helping you create a true desire to run a.k.a. inspiration
- Overcoming Obstacles: Giving you tools to break down real and perceived barriers that make running harder than it needs to be. Essentially, helping you change your mind about running so it’s easy for you body to follow.
- Taking Action: Providing a clear, customized and doable set of action steps. You’ll have access to custom training plans and lots of how-to’s. Plus, Coach Christy is always on call to answer your questions and help you get started in a way that feels good.
- Getting Support: Surrounding yourself with others who genuinely support you and your goals can improve your success and your well being. At Inspired Running, you’ll have the support of an entire group of people who believe in you &you’ll get the tools to learn how to start believing in yourself.
The community is entirely built for true beginners. It’s a safe place to share your fears, your challenges & your small wins. We’ll support you every step of the way.
The IR community believes that running is an access point that can improve your entire life. While running is the primary focus, the community is passionate about helping members live rich and full lives.
“I’m so glad you are doing this.
Folks like me see accomplished runners and think “this isn’t for me”…but ooooh how I want to run.
Thank you for bridging the gap.” -Tracy Coan
Are there any rules?
There are only two rules at the IR community.
Rule #1: No posting of times.
It’s easy to start comparing yourself to others and beating yourself up for not being fast enough. At IR we believe no one is too slow to start. In that spirit, we find it best to take the focus off how fast you’re running. That being said – we want to celebrate your wins. If you have a PR, let us know. Celebrate. Just don’t include the time.
Rule #2: Have fun!
If you’re not having fun, what’s the point? I’m the first to recognize there will be times it doesn’t feel fun – and that’s ok. Reach out! We’ll support you and help you get back to having fun!
How much does it cost to join?
You can start your one-month trial enrollment for just $1. After the trial period, membership is $19.00 a month.
Next step: Get started today! If you’re ready to run your way into a life you love, start on the right foot with the support of an entire, positive community behind you. Start your one-month trial enrollment for just $1.
Christy graduated from Washington State University with a degree in Communications. While there she minored in Sports Management.
Christy is trained & certified as a professional life coach through Martha Beck, Inc. & The Life Coach School.
* Bachelor of Art’s in Communictions.
* Martha Beck Inc.: Certified Life Coach
* The Life Coach School: Weight Loss Coach & Certified Money Coach
- Beginning Running
- Weight Loss
- Marathon Training